The Guest Service Associates (GSAs) are responsible for a successful guest experience in the Museum. Must provide a high level of customer service and satisfaction to ensure an excellent experience for all guests and are responsible for a broad range of activities including selling tickets and memberships, overseeing access control, engaging with guests in the exhibit spaces, handling questions and complaints, monitor guest compliance with Museum safety/guest or protocols, and facilitating entry/egress from theaters. The GSA reports to the Manager of Guest Services.
- Provide superior guest service to all guests.
- Project a positive image, serving as an ambassador for the museum.
- Maintain proper cashier operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Relay accurate information about planned programs and events.
- Be friendly and outgoing.
- Handle customer service issues/questions in a professional, polite, and positive manner.
- Actively participate in all provided training classes and properly implement newly learned skills.
- Ensure that the Museum’s rules and safety protocols are followed.
- Following established protocols, open/close building and areas within the Museum as scheduled; carry out light housekeeping and cleaning duties as outlined for each area throughout the day.
- Other duties as assigned.
General interest in the American Revolution.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and interface effectively with visitors in both conveying information and listening to their questions/complaints.
- Be open to multiple points of view and avenues for problem solving.
- Must be able to walk, stand and interact with the public for long periods of time.
- Be well organized and thorough with close attention to detail and follow-through.
- Act as a team player who works well with others and shows courtesy and respect to colleagues.
- Be willing to assume responsibility.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays and special events.
- Outgoing personality and enthused to interact with guests and colleagues.
- 1-3 years of front line customer service experience.
- Experience in another museum or related attraction strongly preferred.
- Associate or Bachelor of Arts degree or be in the process of securing a college degree
Applying for this position:
This position is Part Time.
The Museum of the American Revolution (www.AmRevMuseum.org) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, please send a cover letter including, resume and three professional references to email@example.com.
**Please note – in order for you to be considered for this position we will need a cover letter, resume and three professional references. Unfortunately, applicants that do not include these items will not be considered for the position. The Museum will contact you if an interview is considered appropriate.