Objects

Badge of the Blew & Orange

The Loyal and Friendly Society of the Blew and Orange was founded between 1733 and 1736 by officers of the King’s Own Royal Regiment to commemorate the Glorious Revolution of 1688 and the accession of the House of Hanover in 1714. On the eve of the American Revolution, the Society included among its members numerous officers in the Boston Garrison, many of whom took part in the Battles of Lexington and Concord. This badge dates to 1750-1780.